About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Not getting easier

Still waiting. Doesn't get easier.

Yes, we are so, so, so excited about getting started at our new church in Dayton. Yes, we are so grateful. Yes, it was a long wait, and we're still celebrating.

Unfortunately, we're still struggling. Our hearts so long to begin building relationships, partnering with the leadership there, learning... and more. The tough part is figuring out when we're going. One thought was that I (Adam) would drive up to Ohio and stay for several days. Then I'd come back for a couple days. Then repeat that process. Basically, I'd be commuting. I'm totally okay with that. I'm just so excited about getting started! If you know me, you know I don't like being away from my family like that, but that just shows how eager I am to get there.

The reason it's so tough to figure out when we're going is because we need to sell our home. My friends in Dayton are concerned about what might happen should our home not sell. It's a legitimate concern. At the same time Kelly and I are not worried about this. We've got a long list of reasons... we've been learning a lot about “walking by faith.” Don't have it figured out, but a house seems like a small thing compared to some of the struggles we've experienced. Waiting for answers from them.

Kelly and I are in agreement that there is quite a bit of spiritual warfare happening all around us. Sensing we (my family and my new family in Ohio) are on the verge of something. On the verge of some kind of breakthrough. Surrounded by warfare as we pursue this breakthrough. Through the Spirit's voice I can't seem to get the word (and prayer), “Breakthrough” out of my head. Will continue pursue that. Will continue to repent as I see my need for it always growing.

2 comments:

  1. When Jeff was "let go" from his job and was facing many of the inner turmoils and changes, he kept saying, "It's a set up." He was convinced that God was just setting everything up for a major spiritual blessing. He was right! Yes, Adam --- this is a set up for your breakthrough!

    ReplyDelete