About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Monday, October 24, 2011

remember

Me again, Pastor's wife.  I am sitting in the "screened porch" with my smalls enjoying the beautiful sunshine. I was born to live in warm areas... the cold is my thorn.  I will endure it for the greater cause of Christ.

Today, the Lord is inviting me to REMEMBER what is true, to REMEMBER who He is and who I am.  He calls me to REMEMBER my name.
I need to be intentional about writing these truths out... spell them out... practice them.  And, when the name doesn't reflect what is right then I need to REMEMBER to ask for guidance... for help from the Lettermaker.

Lots of time my functional truth can be guided by others.  And, I am tempted to want to live my life in shoes belonging to others.
While cute and funny.... like Bud wearing his sisters flops this can be dangerous and...
very confusing! 

I must fight for a renewed mind.  It is something that has to occur in me just about every second.  I want to fully reflect the One who made me.  In order to do this I must REMEMBER the truth about the creating One and the truth of who I am.  I offer my best worship when I REMEMBER and offer out of the remembering.  

I am praying that the Good Teacher will continue to guide my hand as I practice writing my name, and I hope I will honor Him as I fight to REMEMBER what He so tenderly teaches... that I am His delight... that I am a woman that longs to offer HOPE to the broken hearted to the hopeless and to the ones that can't quite write their own names... 

taking a second right now to thank God for the people in my life that have been given the gift of remembering.  They have helped form the truth letters in my life.  May today be a day of remembering for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment