About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Worth Fighting For

Today…it is another day of learning and trying to discover what church is and what Sabbath is.  I am reminded that we are still very much in the embryonic stages.  I have been a woman growing in the faith for over two decades.  I confess I know little about this day of delight.

Menuha is a word I read about for the first time today.  It is a Hebrew word for rest, but it may be better translated as a joyous repose, tranquility, or delight.  It is an invitation to consider that God didn’t just chill out on the Sabbath.  Instead He spent the day in celebration and delight for what He had done.  It was when the labor of the week ended so the bonding could begin.  I love thinking about God taking a whole day to delight and enjoy us…really to bond with what He had made.

                                                 
This morning, I passed out some gifts to our family.  Good Pastor and I want to cultivate thankful hearts in our family.  We started a new tradition that we did not create but want to be faithful to incorporate into our daily lives.

                                                                                
I must admit I feel lost today even in the midst of writing this.  I am fighting to learn and fighting to see with "Spirit-eyes."  I have been finghting for a long time.  Battle makes one tired.  I am tired.

I invite you to eavesdrop on some of the things I am thankful for today.

Good Pastor's teaching



good Sabbath coffee




sweet backrub from my Shorty

tiny harvest hands
                                                        


garden bounty




a little prince in "big boy" underwear running to the potty


small fingers and thankful hearts


       
My heart is struggling today.  Please pray for me. 

p.s. that prince just peed all over the couch.  he peed all in the closet earlier.  good times.
                                           

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you, I want a heart like yours. You are so precious to me. I hate that so many miles seperate us. I thank God that you are sharing in written form, I have begun to look for Him in the unexpected places. This blog has been that for me these last few weeks. Please let me know if we can do anything for you.

    ReplyDelete