About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Strange Picture



Strange picture, I know.  I know it’s not really in focus.  It wasn’t a fancy camera, and my dad’s not known for his ability to use anything that might have fit the category of “technology” in the last century.  Still, I like the pic.  I stumbled upon it again yesterday.  Elliott kept asking me to see the pictures from my trip to Alaska.  Caught off guard that he would ask and glad to share my experiences, I peeked through them again. 
First, I realize that I’m looking a little rough.  I’m about to board a 12 hour train ride.  The reason I’m wearing hiking boots and tall socks with my shorts… well, my chacos fit easily in my backpack, but the hiking boots would take up too much space.  Not sure why it felt like I needed to explain that, but still glad that’s out there…
In this picture I’m in a train station.  About to board a train to Fairbanks.   There is much hustle and bustle going on around me.  I’m seemingly unaware and unbothered by this, but I’m still glued to technology (checking my email on my phone).  Feels like this picture represents me in the here and now.  Man, life is flying by.  Time is moving so quickly.  Everything is happening so fast.  Not even sure what’s happening.  I do pause in the midst of it, but I still get distracted by things that seem important… still let things have more power over me than they should.
Sensing I better come up with a plan soon… I better figure it out.  A voice in my head screams, “Be responsible, Adam!  Do something.  Time’s running out!”   At the same time I think God’s words to Joshua resonate with my heart, “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”  Something within me is wondering, “What if God’s telling me to continue to wait even though that might not make sense?” 

Maybe He’s inviting me to take a look around… stop the hustle and bustle.  Be attentive to Him.  Seize the courage He has offered.  Been reminded lately that courage can’t exist without the presence of fear.  Ready for direction from Him.  Hoping for courage to follow it.



No comments:

Post a Comment