About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Saturday, July 23, 2011

on the verge

It’s been a full day already.  It is only 3 p.m. and I (Kelly) feel like 5 days have passed since I awoke this morning.  God has been busy at work in the Vaughans in ways that we can see.  Honestly, I feel like we have had multiple church services here in our home today.  So far I have enjoyed rich time with my smalls, sweet fellowship with a sister, and intentional teaching time with my princesses.   I think I feel like a pastor too…it feels sweet.  I think the thing I have enjoyed most is that ministry has been done in the midst of my family and also to my family by our family.  It reminds me that this is Gods heart for the church.  He desires us to pastor our own families and then minister to others out of the overflow.  I have struggled with this since we started ministry.  I haven’t done this well.  Because I am so easily distracted, I have kept things separate even though I desperately wanted to merge all the different ministries.  I believe this is how burnout might have gotten it’s start.
  God is showing me that our family needs to be spiritually nurtured by the pastor of our home.  It is his primary calling.  As the  Pastor leads and teaches and challenges, God graciously invites us to share what we are learning as an overflow offering of what He is already up to in our lives.  No feltboards, no programs, no charts with gold stars. Just struggling hearts desiring to grow and being willing to be shepherded by Good Pastor.    As we invite people into our story, which is God’s story, church happens.  Huh!   Risky!  Life Giving!  I think we just might be on to something or at least on the verge.


Thankful for unhurried snuggle time with babies in a "big boy" bed.


thankful for hope seekers and prayer warriors


thankful for princess talks with two of the most beautiful princesses I know
  




No comments:

Post a Comment