About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Saturday, July 30, 2011

provisions

It looks like it is going to rain soon. I pray it does. The earth over here on Ridgegate is parched again. This week, two more of my potted plants bit the dust. Why can’t I remember to water those things? Death! It is an unpleasant reminder of how many things can’t survive without Living Water.

Good Pastor is on his way home from some much needed fellowship time. He needed to be with people who really knew him, “got him“ love him. He needed time away to laugh, eat, play and talk to God. It’s funny how much we need these things. Much like the living water my plants needed, my pastor needed these essential nutrients. Talking with him these last few days I have heard the freshness in his voice. It is like a little child giggling with delight. He has been full of life and I am so very thankful. Pastor is growing, learning, claiming and challenging….he is doing what he does best, pastoring. Between you and me, we just might have a radical on our hands. I’m lovin’ it.

Lately, I have really seen a change in our Elliott as well. The Lord is stirring. We are praying salvation over him. As we wait I see his heart softening. He is becoming especially more tender towards Charli.
                                                  



Like most of us, I think he has been a little afraid to love and draw near to her. We just didn’t know what was going to happen for so long. I often wonder will I ever be free to fully love her as I desire? I am still so scared. I think he has been scared too. Scared to touch her…. scared to love on her….. scared to motion towards her….. scared. She has been so fragile. Most of the time he has just gone about his business as if she weren’t here. The past few months I have seen him transition. He has desire. He wants to hold her. He wants to pick her up….and has…not good! He wants to play with her and even share with her. Today, he wanted to feed her.  When I said “yes” his delight grew and he was a boy, joy flowing over. It made me giggle to see him. His desire to hold her and meet her needs were so rich. It was a gift-moment. The bigger princesses and I received it as we helped and watched.




It is thundering and raining now. Yes! I am thankful for all the ways God provides….the much needed life-water… the husband-pastor being poured into…and for the boy that longs to be the big brother. For these things and so many more, I am thankful.
                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment