About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Celebrating

Often I wait until far too late in the night to try to come up with a blog post.  I feel like Winnie the Pooh when he’d “think, think, think,” but then nothing would happen.  Instead he’d get distracted… seems I often scramble when I start writing it really late at night.  We’ll see how it goes…
As I reflect on the day I think the word, “victories,” comes to mind.  I may have mentioned this in the past, but if you’ve spent any time with me you know that I don’t mind repeating myself.  I really am aware that I do it… usually.  When Kelly and I get to go on dates (other than carry-out at home), we like to ask each other the question, “What ‘wins’ can you celebrate?”  Worded differently, “What recent victories do you have to celebrate?”  It could be as simple as responding calmly when one of the kids pours a huge bowl of cereal all over the floor… again.  Or, it could be a new recipe that turned out great.  It’s good to pause, reflect and celebrate.  Something seems healthy about that.  Being aware of the growth is encouraging… and I like to celebrate.
Today I’ve been celebrating internally.  It shows externally though.  Kelly said that I seemed, “peppy.”  Not sure how I feel about being peppy.  Something about that word doesn’t sit right with me.  Anyways, celebrating today...  Small victories.  Remembering truth.  Speaking truth in love.  Loving.  Clean conscience.  Letting some things just be what they are.  I know that sounds so cliché… and,… well, meaningless.  Sometimes I have functioned as if certain things could give me life or death.  They can’t do either.  “Letting them be what they are,” simply means I enjoy them what they are.  Being much more comfortable with who I am… feeling more comfortable in my own skin.  It fits me well.  It’s a nice feeling.  Rather strange, but really nice.  That’s worth celebrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment