About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Thursday, July 14, 2011

pregnant

NO....I am not...but, I bet it got you to read this.  I am smiling as I type this knowing that the title of this blog will skyrocket some peoples blood pressure...ah....sometimes it's the simple pleasures.

I may not be physically with child, but I do feel pregnant.  I feel pregnant with hope, dreams, thankfulness and joy.  There is life growing inside of me.  I am expectant. 

I feel like for the past several months the Holy Spirit has given me eyes to see things and think about things I would normally miss....here is an example...
Yes, this is what you think it is.  And, yes, they are mine.  Thank goodness I only need these little gems when I am pregnant.  There's something about creating another life that makes the body work really hard.  It also creates deficiencies in me....hence the good ole' stool softeners.  I saw this bottle today with our medicines.  I looked at for a long time and something spoke to me.  What I heard was... sometimes in order to be healthy, we must rely on some very embarassing tools to help us get the crap out.  I find this especially true as The Vaughans continue to see what new life God is forming in us and as we await this new birth.  The Lord in His divine and soverign mercy has allowed some really painful, humble and even embarassing things to help us flush out the waste in our lives and hearts.  As I have mentioned before I often want to hide...today, I am posting the stool softeners and thanking God for helping us along when our hearts just can't quite get the job done.
                                                                            

1 comment:

  1. YOU made me laugh and I hope you did too. I am in awe of your family's faith. Psalm 130:5
    Love to the Vaughans <3

    ReplyDelete