About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

sweet stripes

In the dark quiet I sit.  I type.  I wonder what is in store for my princess heart today.  How will I choose to be royal.  How will I choose to feast?  Will I choose the banquet table, or will I choose to look for scraps?

The God of abundance asks me to sing deep freedom songs over myself... over my family... over you.

The song of the sweet... offered in giant love but a new taste for some...
The unfamiliar can seem scary at first.   What do we do with the new with others watching?  It's a risk. 
The temptation is to just hold the gift.  Keeping it black and white.  Keeping it safe.
Often we choose to just play with the idea of heart change instead of consume them.

But... if we only trust the loving hand and take a lick...
Our eyes will be opened and our way of thinking will forever change.  
We'll start looking and asking for more.  We start protecting the sweet that satisfies.
Our passions change, and we long to consume in greater portions...
training our eyes to see hands that seek to rob our good born from stripes.
The lick draws out the warrior in us.


Taste changes everything.  It opens new worlds that weren't an option one lick before.  
And we learn to rest in the new taste, and it marks us... and we long to share... to offer back to the ONE that so generously gives.
He receives the sticky worship with embracing arms.
He is so good... He is more than plenty.
He always wildly satisfies... ALWAYS!

Seeing...
tasting...
enjoying...
experiencing...
sharing...
offering back our all...

WORTH THE RISK!

One lick... that's all it takes.













No comments:

Post a Comment