About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Thursday, January 12, 2012

like the rain

This morning12.11.12... I awoke to the dark rain.  Most days I dislike the gray... today I welcomed it.  The feel of it was different.  The weather was singing to my soul.  Flashes of lightning hovered over our House of Hope and thunder crashed.  I sang a morning whisper of awe and wonder.  Our God is full of power... "come like the rain."

I laid in silence.  I savored... I tried to capture the beauty in the dark.
Then... I do what most mommas do in the early a.m.  I got busy... I am a mother of 4 with much to do so I launched my day... and though my heart was stirring my mind moved on.

It was a great day... Aliveness was around every corner and blessings poured.

Later in the afternoon I felt like I do most days... like my head was gonna explode from the one-million and one, "Momma's?"  I got the kids situated, and I walked outside for a bit.  As I walked a gentle mist lightly tapped.  It didn't make me want to return indoors.  It made me want to dance... and so I did.

I was enjoying worship... listening... talking and letting the Spirit reign.  The sky grew very dark... still... no hurry to rush for cover.

The rain tapped a little harder.  I smiled and danced a little stronger.  "Come like the rain."

At the exact time the rain picked up a line of the song I was listening to said these words... "You have come to us Lord... like the rain... like the rain... You have come to us Lord like the rain."  How could I not dance all the more?  I enjoyed running and dancing in the shower of love... for He heard me... I had been praying for weeks "come like the rain."

The rain was a peaceful one... it was inviting and refreshing... and then...

at the exact moment I stepped foot in the door this is what the scene looked like...
rain's power came in full force.

It was fiercely majestic... loud crashes... huge flashes... and pieces of sky pounced.
"Come in POWER."  I sang with delight... it was a beautiful mess.

Most days I strongly dislike showers... 
today these eyes were fixed on My Covering...

I was full of delight in the coming of the rain.
For... I had been asking... seeking... and looking with the eyes of expectation.
True joy is hard to keep to oneself... you can only fight it for so long.
Giddy with promise from the Hearing One... always hearing.  Ps. 4:3

Many days I am still tempted to hide from the showers that bring growth.
He sees this too... He knows... He is Master of my inmost... and the added wonder is...The Rainmaker not only comes like the rain... but He tenderly helps hold the giant shelter in the midst of my storm...
Often appearing hidden but always there... loving... caring... whether I see him or not... 
Strong Arms... holding cover... protecting me.    
Thank you, God!  Thank you!
"Keep coming like the rain."




No comments:

Post a Comment