About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Saturday, January 7, 2012

morsels

Thinking about the power of morsels today.  Most days I am haunted by this heart that longs to offer just a morsel... something of beauty... something of worth.  I hunger to nourish my smalls... my pastor and those around me.  It is a deep longing.  I see the Provider at work in the pangs of my soul.  

My soul was awakened with joy as I read how when Abraham was sitting out by his tent in the heat of the day he encountered 3 holy men.  His first desire was to offer... he begged... please come dwell.. come rest... let me serve... rehydrate... wash.. let me bring my morsel so you can be refueled.

Abraham and I are the same in this way.  We are desperate to offer.  We want our morsels to be worthy of community.

He has given me abundance... and I so want to offer... this year it is the risky blessing from my mouth.
offering all I have to HIM and to HIS.

This morning is a restful one.  No hurry.  No rush.  I am delighted by the slow.  No striving... just living out of the plenty and sharing... people BEST receive in REST... I am learning that lesson.  

Others receive richly when I offer out of the bounty He has given instead of what my striving manufactures.  Oh, may I learn this lesson well.  I still excel at striving...  it is a temptation that dies hard.
SO thankful for the strong hands that sing over me... His tune gives me courage to keep offering my morsels.

My eyes see like Abraham... my morsels bless when I offer them.
The Bread and me together make the perfect recipe for so many fruits.

Little ones see and express the value of offerings... they do so freely and with great delight.  And, again, I am hungry to offer more.

So wild that as we pour out we want to pour out more.  This is of my soul.  He pours in, and I pour out.  I want to be a vessel of rushing water.  Water that spills forth all of Him...all over.

In the morning rest I see the value of offering my morsels... morsels that are missing things the world values but are rich with life.  Those with hunger receive and are blessed.  They eat and are filled.

Morsels... things I have so often hidden because I didn't value them enough... now I see... it's in the morsels that my truest offerings have the greatest Kingdom impact.

My song of today is one that sings, "thanks," for  a Pastor that enters the Holy on my behalf...
A Pastor that sings, leads and partners.... His song is one of truth, and He sings without compromise.

It is also a song of celebrating morsels...
for they fill the hands of the next generation... 
and that brings a smile to my heart and a grin to my face... and He sings over me...
keep offering...

Morsels and rest... amen!








No comments:

Post a Comment