About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Friday, January 6, 2012

brought out...

This morning as I read I was struck by another call to remember.  It is a call I too quickly forget!  As I spent some time in Genesis the eyes of my heart were opened as I read the words... "I am a the Lord who brought you out."  I remember reading these words in other places as well... especially with the Israelites.  They,  like me, needed lots of reminding.

Today is a day of  singing and remembering.  A day to say thanks for what the Lord has brought me out of.  As I shared our story of loss this morning with a stranger-friend I breathed a breath of "thanks."   I recalled.  I remembered.  I shared, and I praised for where I am today.

I recognize that I am living in the sacred.  I have the gift of seeing and realizing God's presence.  I enjoy inviting Him and singing in earth's sanctuary alongside Heaven.
I must be honest... I am still a shackle-wearing singer.  My freedom has been paid for, but my heart isn't fully functioning out of that truth.  I pray for freedom with all my heart and know that transformation is underway... 

and, my very reflection is changing in the Son's light.
Some days I forget my song.  What a gift I have in Good Pastor.  He is my constant reminder.  A remembering one when I forget.
'
I do pray that my song offering will be fragrant with remembering.   For I have much goodness to recall. 

MUCH! 

The seemingly good and the heart-breakingly hard.

My song... the story that my heart tells... honors and delights the KING... how can this be?  My little song blesses Him...  in return He pours out His rays of presence and power... and I am changed all the more.  Love expressed changes people.

The wood... the cross... His love... His light... the holes filled with metal... it sparkles with glory, and I can't help but be infatuated... and so I bring the case that prompts my song, and I let Him touch...  The beauty of the cross is everywhere.
In my story... remembering means lots of processing... so much that it makes my very brain hurt.  But, I have learned to embrace the "process,"  for I find it is there that God often chooses to speak the new.

I love to hear Him speak.  I love to hear Him say, "Remember."  I love it when He calls me by the new...
Today, I celebrate that God has brought me out of so much... sin, despair, depravity, death, destruction,  separation and SILENCE.  

He is the God of new hearts... new names... new lands and new songs...

Singing a song of remembering and thanks...
What a SAVIOR!
  




No comments:

Post a Comment