About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Monday, January 16, 2012

washed

I've gotta be honest... sometimes when this princess is getting washed by the white it feels a bit like this...
scary... unfamiliar... cold and alone.

I must keep my eyes fixed on many truths during my soak...

The biggest truth being...
I am not alone...
God has graciously provided love... willing hearts that will get right in and splash beside... 

My inner fears can paralyze... they cause me to take my eyes off Him... it's in these times He often uses the small to teach and comfort...
through the small arms of another He holds me big...
as I choose to let go of what surrounds... my body is washed and my soul is comforted.

I even learn some new tricks... In the midst of swimming in the pools of the unknown I can learn to rest in the ripples...
I can choose peace... I can choose to enjoy... I can savor the soak.

Oh what a Good Daddy... He knows we need each other... 
even when I have have claimed victory in the wild waters that purify... my heart and body is worn... I again need the embrace of strong arms that wrap love around like the warm and dry.

My life is WILD... MY God is WILD... and so is my heart.  I want his waters that wash.  I do.  I want to be made fully clean.  I always love the end result, but I normally start each new scrub with this face...

remember her?
that's me... quickly forgetting how many times we have done this... every time coming out cleaner with more beauty to offer.

Praying today... that I will embrace the WILD...
and deeply trust the arms that cleanse knowing He only always wants my best...  

I don't want to settle for dry lands out of fear of the water...

I want to rest and enjoy knowing I will always come out reflecting Him better... 
legs and heart may be a little tired... 
but the fragrance of the cleansed always brings the aroma of joy.
Here's hoping to big splashes with no fear.  Thankful for tub-mates.













No comments:

Post a Comment