About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Thursday, January 26, 2012

students

even in foreign cities learning is everywhere...
the call on our lives to study... to be students... to be...
learning ones... does not change according to location.   If you are alive... you learn...

whether by accident or by intention our minds are always being fed, and we often reproduce what we see...
Kingdom learning is tricky for me... I am finding there are too few formulas... waiting on God often frustrates the plans of men... especially as we try so hard to learn...
Most often... learning catches us by surprise...

like a "happy accident."

It's important for me to be a student of remembering while learning the new.  I must remember that He is at work in my story... and He is teaching me one clumsy stroke at a time.
I must make a choice to value my scribbles as He does... I must look at it from a higher view...
working with my ALL delights the Teacher.
As my heart pours out the created speaks of the Creator... who He is in me.

Sojourning in a world that wants to rename me... label me with what it thinks I should be called...
in the midst of temptation... I am asked to put into practice what He has deposited in me... I must always ask myself... "what is my name?"
I am asked to circle and claim that which He calls me with affection...
When we learn our names of love, we can better speak out the names of others He has created...
ohhhh... the value of learning... especially our names... so amazing to ponder... this is one of the students first life's lessons... hearing, recognizing, responding, writing and embracing our very names.

I must learn so I can be changed... in the changing I teach... in the teaching they have a choice...

Will they choose joy in the learning or hard hearts?

At times, like me, they choose both...

Today I live in a land with hungry learners... 

joy abounds in the "get to's" of teaching...
and it's also abundant in the costly choice of learning.





No comments:

Post a Comment