About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Monday, January 9, 2012

songs-power

My smalls and I have had the privilege of listening to some new tunes lately.  A couple of months ago I asked my brother to make me a birthday treat.  I asked him to make me a music mix that would help get my engine running.  I normally don't go around asking for presents.  In this instance not only did I feel safe in the asking... I also felt prompted.  This 35th birthday gift to me was like a rich kiss from my childhood.
My brother is by far the most creative person I have ever met.  His life-song is an anointed one.


His story bears life.  It's in his very name.  His melody is wildly inviting... you just can't help but want to sing along.

I knew my listening pleasure would be off the charts so I wanted to enjoy the music when I could fully feast on his selections.  It has taken me awhile to find the right window, but it finally arrived.  The wait was so worth it.   I am learning to rest in providential timing.

As my smalls and I danced to the two disc compilation... they quickly picked favorites.  I on the other hand was flooded with emotion... at moments I felt full of life... like I could run for days... other moments I reflected... unexpected weeping was present as well.

Amazing that songs have that kind of power... so many tunes that stir so many different emotions.  I think most of us have been touched by songs-power... it can take us somewhere instantly... places of long ago... deep places of joy or pain... forgotten places... places of remembering what was... and desire for what could be.

You need to know that these were not just cd's containing random songs... they were history-containing choruses.  Many of the chosen reminded this heart of fond childhood memories.  I have many.

Crazy enough some of the songs had to do with parts of my story that my brother does not even know.... and he knows me well.  I don't mind sharing with you what I shared with him... I sensed the Spirit's work in his selecting.

My whole-self was twirling, singing, and swirling with tear-flooded emotion.  Today has been a big feeling day.  It has been a day for me to recount the blessing of shared history.  The blessing of family.

I have someone in my life that has walked beside me like no other.  He is cut from the same cloth.  His song is beautifully different, but his history has the same chords.  I adore all of my family.  The are all rich blessings to my heart.  This day I am just taking a moment to celebrate my lifelong sidekick.  He knows the sacred lyrics of my childhood, because he was living it with me... singing right by my side.
Recounting... a lesson I learned from a loving, wise and beautiful woman.  It is so important.  It keeps the heart filled with gratitude's song.

Today, tomorrow and each listening day that follows I will recount that God has given me a brother-friend that sees me, knows me, shares heritage, and chooses to love me.  His warrior-story is so valuable to me... to my family...


It has taught me much.  It has shaped, formed and beautified me.  The one that makes the music... first issued the invitation to dance to freedom's song.  A wild dance.








As I sing my song I recognize it's power.  I sing not just to the King but to release His mark upon the next...  the royals living under my very roof...

I am praying for Heaven's song to continue.  I am praying the words will be branded on their hearts and souls... and I am recounting on their behalf as well as mine the gift of shared song, shared stories, and the hearts that hold the key to remembering.

1 comment:

  1. Your brother is such a stud for Christ! I wish I could hang with him (and you guys of course) on a weekly basis ;(

    ReplyDelete