About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Friday, January 27, 2012

New Things

GP here for a change.  Large shoes to fill as I occasionally step in.

Wow... so many new things.  Different things.


This is my mailbox at the Vineyard.
My new role.  Never would have guessed this is where I'd be or what I'd be doing this time last year... many new things.  Have been really blessed as I pastor this week.  I've stumbled and fumbled, but I've loved getting to do it... very exciting to get the opportunity to be a part of many encounters that feel sacred.

Exposed to many new things lately... many new flavors.  Some of them a little strange...

Not only have I tasted this new geographic favorite (by some)... I've tasted much more of the goodness of God.  I've seen Him do things I've never witnessed.  Prepare yourself... in the last week I watched Him literally heal many significant health issues (people walked who hadn't walked in years, joints in knees of many people... even people I know closely and people with back issues were healed, people with impaired vision had their sight restored!).  That's just a few.  Talk about being exposed to new things.  Cessationalists, you're a part of the Family, but I've got a few people you should talk to.

Our staff is working together as a team to process what it means to live and function as sons and daughters of the King.  Trying to fully grasp all that this entails.

Sometimes I'm more fully aware of the rights of my sonship.  Sometimes I actually function out of those freedoms.

However...

more often than not I'm treating my royalty as if it's just meaningless words I read about in an old book.  It's as if the fact that I'm royalty... a son of the one true King... well, it's as if when I think back to when I was resting in my sonship... it's like I was just playing a character.  Feels like it was not reality.  The demands of today are feel like reality.  The pressure is on.  It's all up to me.  Lies.  Unfortunately I often function out of these lies.

I'm not the only one learning new things.  Seems my family is watching very closely.  We're learning from what we see.  We're imitating.
Walked around the corner the other day and found this.  Panda had found these gloves and put them on.
The Lord laid it on Kelly's heart and confirmed it by laying it on my heart... this is a season for so much learning.  We must be attentive.  We must watch, listen... look for... expect!

Still doing life... still enjoying things that I've enjoyed for quite awhile...

Although I'm enjoying these things, I'm not trying to find "life" from them.  Seeking more of Him.  Experiencing more of Him.  Makes me even hungrier for more of Him.  A strange cycle.

Speaking of new things... different things... well, I saw this poster when I was at the doctor's office with Bud.  Immediately, it made me think of the triplets.  Try to guess which one of the cats made me think of Charli.

Our little Charli (the cat on the far left), well, she is changing rapidly.  Not only is she making significant progress developmentally... even better news, her heart just seems to be softening.  Joy is so much more present in her life.  Affection seems to come more easily.  There's not a stingy spirit with her affections either... she's quite generous with her love.  New things... changes.  Her giggles come with far less effort from a tickling, belly-eating Pop.  So grateful for that.

New things... have been really good things.

Very curious about what other new things are waiting around the corner...

No comments:

Post a Comment