About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Love's rest

There is a secret I am learning... it's a whisper that creation shouts... it's the lullaby of the Father.  It is the song that shapes all songs.  I am learning... and will spend the rest of my life learning the secret melody.

The secret is really no secret at all.  It is not hidden... yet our earthly eyes do not often choose to see, and our flesh refuses its tune.

It's the song of rest... resting in the greatest love.  Letting that love shape so we can enjoy and offer out of fullness the worship He is due.  I am just now learning the first rhythms.  I am not fully able to sing of it, but I offer what I know and am learning.

In my 35 years I have not exemplified as a woman of rest.  My arms have been linked to another, and in those arms I have been restrained from feasting at rest's table.
Christ in me since a little princess, and yet I have chosen to exercise in my own strengths.

To the world I have appeared full of strength and joy...  smile on my face and doing it "by myself."
Tools not meant to be used by the growing stretch bodies and arms not yet ready to carry the load. We  too quickly say, "Me too."  And tools meant to strengthen the ready become burdens of the small.
Bodies and heart are easily strained when trying to produce results that match others...
frustration quickly sets in and causes us to question our abilities... our very worth.

Love's calling is always offered... will I run striving's race or will I walk in rest?  
This "choosy mom"  chooses to lay down old tools and tricks and rock in the arms that call me to rest... 

Rocking the tender-needy brings delight to the Holding One.

I am overwhelmed easily. 
Lately I am in constant awe of the One that reveals the value of rest... 
I am a slave no longer... He calls me daughter... I am His heir.  
Disney dreams need not be... I am a true princess... royal by blood.
Though my world is filled with storms, my heart can hear and see Him in this embellished earth... the rainbows, the sun, the flowers, the sweet... they all sing His tune... they sing rest... "for I have crowned you with my love."

How can it be?  
He draws reminders of His affection through hands of the small just so I can hear the whisper-song... "rest."

He is not tame, but He is good... He beckons rest so I can reflect His wild.

Climbing on the lap of the Creating One... bringing my babbles... my truest form of worship...
The world shall not enjoy songs of the eloquent from my mouth... today... only gibberish.

The Daddy King adores the sounds of the learning and receives glory and honor like a kiss on the lips.
Luke 24:31 shares... the ones that greatly knew and loved Jesus were in His very presence and did not recognize Him... 

until their eyes were opened.

Praying as I learn to sing rest's song... my eyes will be opened to recognize Him... EVERYWHERE...
and my song will reflect because the seeing is more clear, and my anthem of rest will ring louder... 
HE IS LOVE...
not because of striving...
but because Love's rest shapes the learning unlike any man-made tool.  It shapes from the inside out.






No comments:

Post a Comment