About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Saturday, January 28, 2012

buried...

Yesterday was a wonderful heart day for Pastor and me.  We enjoyed the rare gift of unhurried to celebrate what God is up to.

Later in the day the smalls struggled with emotions and fatigue.  Debris is known to fly during these times. Yesterday was no exception, but I was not prepared for what would surface and how it would affect my heart.

This little guy has fallen in love with this little girl...
In this moment he is filled with delight... he is holding her... his strength helping to steady.  Prince Elliott is much like his father in this way.  He brings steady the wild.  

We have seen his affection grow.  It's as if he has finally given himself permission to risk and love that which was almost lost.

We must not forgot to watch our smalls... not just with our physical eyes but our heart eyes as well.

The small are prone to wear remnants of the mess.  They cannot always verbalize their need for cleansing truths.
Pastor and I see his falling in love, and we are fall too.

What I have never heard from the prince is that he still struggles with fear in regards to her.

He has proclaimed healing over Princess Charli through The Great Physician's hand...
he declared, and we agreed... she has been healed... the fruit is everywhere...  but his is still a brother-afraid.

Last night... as Charli was overly tired and WAY past her prime, we were trying to get her to finish her dinner... mouth-full and very angry she was screaming her protests... Bud's response took my very breath away...

"she's gonna die... she's gonna die."  It hit me hard... it hit me deep... like a sucker punch that makes me deal with my insides. 

He has NEVER said words like these before.  I believe it surfaced from the depths.  He spoke what we have all feared before.

It was an opportunity for us to teach, mend, speak truth, and see the lie.  The lie that steals and breaks a tender heart.

This wild monkey-panda is very much alive...
The lies must be buried with her past.

Not forgotten... just not alive anymore.

We must be faithful to declare with opened arms the truth in her story...
and in the BIG story she calls forth in us.

It is worthy of much praise.

For... in the declaration of the late dark of last night... we spoke truth...  we spoke honor and beauty over the early seed.  The seed that ripped my soil to bring life.

Charli... a princess who from our view almost wasn't... what would HOPE have looked like then?   Today I'd rather not entertain such despair... instead I choose DECLARATION!
Charli is a beautiful GIFT of color in our lives... always wildly coloring outside our lines.

Thankfully, pink has always been one of my favorite colors.  With her growing grin she reminds...

with burials comes declaration... we have much to declare... we all do.

still healing...





No comments:

Post a Comment