About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Monday, January 2, 2012

An new year... a new song

Pastor's wife here this morning... tending to my smalls and trying to lead a home of learning.  We are still enjoying the slow, but it always competes with the much to do in life.  Pastor is on his way to take Charli for another check-in... we welcome your prayers.

As I embrace day two of this new year I recognize patterns in our world... in my heart.  Seems this time of year the celebration of the sacred ceases and hard striving begins.  It seems every January people begin the list making of all that needs to be changed.  Strict diets are put into place and exercise equipment is purchased. The question of,  "How do I get back on track?" takes the throne.   We see our shortcomings, and we strive to "do better."  I see this pattern... maybe for the first time... I really see... it makes me sad.

My family and I are very expectant about this year.  I want to offer God more.  I do want to be the best Pastor's wife and mother I can be.  What I see most is that My Daddy wants me to operate out of a receiving heart.  He longs for striving to cease as I continue to let Him become my Source.

My heart twitches with joy as I think about a God that wants me to enter into His rest instead of a giant list to conquer.  He wants his sons and daughters to enter each day with...
empty hands...

open before Him... ready to partner... ready to receive.  When my hands are gripped to my lists life becomes about my agenda and not His... the result... striving... emptiness... frustration.  This year... every year... I want to be about His agenda.  I ask for open hands.

Pastor and I sense this year will be one of blessing... one of favor.... one of restoration and healing.  A year for our family to grow in rest... play... learning and love.
Expectant joy lives in this place... in our hearts.

In my heart... that still carries much brokenness... I sense that it's time to let healing reign for Charli and her momma.  It's time for rest.  For a season it's time to trade hats.

Time to let the warrior hat rest...
for soon enough it will be time to pick it back up... but in this season a swap is taking place...one of Panda- play.
With my open hands I receive more of HIM, and I long to more fully reflect the Hand Filler.  I ache to be RADIANT!
This year will be a season of many news... new lands... new church... new job... new family... new friends... new challenges and adventures.

The main call over my heart this year is that this is to be a year for singing a new song. 
We have begun our singing... we sing loud over here... passion is alive, and we will fight to keep it that way... but we will also REST.  Rest knowing that the One that calls us to sing wrote the song.  We will sing with all our hearts, and we will take delight in the melody.

2012... 
our best year yet because we live in and out of HOPE.  As we continue to fully LIVE and FULLY expect... we more fully bring HIM and HIS...
I've got great news!  This is not just true for the Vaughan clan living over on Ridgegate... it's true for all of us.  As you process all this year may hold for you, would you take hold of the life giving truth that he longs for this year to be a year of HIM giving and YOU receiving... a year for striving to cease and for rest to enter... a year for new songs and loud singing.

Those truths give life... so may we all fully live... this day and each to come.

Here's to new songs in 2012... ours and yours!



No comments:

Post a Comment