About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Sunday, January 22, 2012

iced over

Ok, Toto... we are not in Kansas anymore... or anywhere familiar for that matter.

No one is playing "Rocky-top."

And apparently someone is playing a cruel joke with the weather.  No not twisters... but crazy none-the-less.

Life is frozen solid here, and I'm not a fan.
Sure, it looks pretty from here, but don't let it fool you.  Solid sheets of ice lurk beneath the beauty.  Reminds me of my heart sometimes... I can appear so soft and lovely, and yet dangerous hard lurks beneath.

Thankful for the hands that help lead no matter the condition... one step at a time.
The hands of the Daddy are strong, tender and loving.  They help open the frozen doors of our hearts.
I am a processing one.  The new food I am being offered is so rich, and yet it draws out the lies I have fed myself in the past.  Lies that have produced "freezer burn" of my soul.

No shortages of "sorrys" around here.  They are bountiful.  I long for more.

Worship is also in abundance.  
My faith hands are enjoying new freedoms.
No matter the environment I want to be fully me... learning more about this... today... I am deeply thankful for the radical.  I am a wild flower at heart.

The Daddy of the house leads, and I am eager to offer.
So ready to use my hands for the Kingdom... for the church... and yet... fighting to remember the immeasurable value of leading this flock.
My smalls wanting to bring their dance offerings of affection... and remembering
to rest in the song of love being sung over them.

Much to learn from this flock I shepherd...

They increase hunger and draw out more wild.   Always uncovering... always revealing more.
I tend to them, and they tend back ... offering grace when I feel all mismatched in this crazy heart.
It's tricky being me.  So much longing... so much wild hope... and so much struggle in the practice.

I so long to be a grown-up child in the faith... desiring to be about His fame... ONLY HIS... ALL THE TIME!

I'm on the journey with many roads yet to travel.

Singing songs of thankfulness for older siblings of the faith that offer sweet refreshment during travels.
The love offerings remind me to "keep on keeping on..." to remain open and tender and to remember... 

my Good Daddy longs to hold my hand in the frigid... and delights in protecting my heart from being iced over.
Freezing from the weather... YES... but thankful for warmth that radiates.

Here's to soft, warm hearts for all us royals today... and plentiful SONSHINE!











1 comment:

  1. The SON is shinning back at you from my heart :-)
    I love you, Sim

    ReplyDelete