About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

a song in the noise

Day three of 2012.  Wild things have been known to take place on 3rd days and so we have watching eyes.

What will today hold for me... for my family... for the world... for you?  I surely do not know, but I do know many things will happen and most will be hidden by noise.

As I continue to press into the new year, I am reminded deep in my Spirit to guard myself from the noise of the world and even the battle of lies that wage war in my very mind.

What will I do with all the noise-clutter... the sounds that steal?

I am so thankful as I remember the call for this year... the call over my life.  The call the Psalmist sung... to sing a new song.

As chaos surrounds I can be a woman of rest.  I can choose.  I can sing.  And I can sing loudly.  The song of the enemy, the world, life is very loud... but my song... His song in me... is powerfully big.

So, today, and I pray each day that follows I will pick up my sticks with joy...
I will ask for courage and truth.  I will ask for the Songwriter to continue to write the words on my heart... and I will play...
With all I have and all that I don't... I will bring my song with WILD ABANDONMENT...  I am a daughter-wild.   I am not tame.

For me the song is alive with beauty, and delight is all over my face... all in my heart.
As the tune develops other parts of my very self are set free and my feet join in the dance...
It feels rightfully freeing to sing with my whole...  to bring myself as the offering.  As I learn to offer all He gently sings over me... He has always been singing... I have just been listening to the wrong station.  Too much noise... too much static.  

The words He sings are so tender... so loving.
All of me is ALL He wants... that's all.
He delights in me.
He calls me beautiful.
He desires me.
He has dreams for me.
He longs for me... and He longs for the ALL that is me.

WILD... He that knows me best still wants me... not just the parts that the world says are lovely.  Who is this God that whispers in the Noise and beckons my heart to hear?  He is the ONE to whom my song is for... the ONE to whom my soul sings.

So, today, this 3rd day of January, 2012... singing will occur in my heart and home.  I will offer.  I will expect.  I will enjoy.  I will become...
Like the Songwriter... right in the middle of the noise... my song can be heard.

Joyfully expectant... and singing...


"I'm in the world, and I'm singing." -inspired by Elf





2 comments:

  1. Another beautiful post. Such a great reminder to be still and look for Gods quiet ways...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly,
    You inspire me with your beautiful words and your precious picture of Elliot. SUCH JOY! Hugs to all. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete