About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Sunday, January 8, 2012

tune of promise and laughter

I arise early and read the call to remember... to remember that I have been called to walk by promise and not by what my eyes see.  I think I have heard this before. :)

Two members of my family are away...  Pastor back at our new church home... I long....

 our youngest princess is also away.... she is on a sweet journey with grandparents to visit "great" grandparents.  I long in this area too...

All is well.  All is fruitful... all is a reminder to see with Hope as I stay behind.
sister's sharing heart time and smiles across the miles
I love this House of Hope.  I enjoy dwelling here.  My heart is here and much of my family... but I do cry out for the promise fulfilled.

As I spent some time processing the story of Sarah's life-bearing promise, I giggled as I read her words... she stated, "God has made laughter for me; everyone who hears will laugh over me."   The laughter was in regards to a wild promise that was incubated in unreasonable faith and bore unreasonable fruit.
I want to be like Sarah... not that she was always faith-full.  We are kindreds in that area too.  But, my heart's desire is to believe with faith... faith that reveals my God is not bound by circumstantial evidence.

He is not bound by what we see but what He promises.

A bad economy... houses that aren't selling ... no bites... two worlds in two different states... a child that doesn't meet "the curve..." a niece that battles for wholeness of life... aging parents with growing complications... a life filled with seed snatchers.  I don't want  to allow circumstances to choke out or snatch up my seeds.

I want my seeds to produce rich fruit grown from a radical belief in a God that meets me in the soil of promise.  Like the bleeding woman... I want to reach out in risk because I am a woman of knowing....

He is my only hope.... so I lunge for the hem.

Holy laughter... laughing in the face of circumstances that could easily dictate my posture.  It feels scary today... but I know better... there really is no risk with my Daddy that always delights in bold faith and always works for my good.
Even little ones marvel... God's hand has been so kind to our seed of 3... celebrating our warrior princess that carries faith's fruit.
My heart in this early morning is that I will choose to sing and dance to the tune of promise... I remember Sarah again... I remember that He who promised to her is active in my song as well...

We sing together...

He leads... I follow... sometimes He lets me lead a verse... and so today I sing loud choruses of bold promise.

Promises that trump circumstances.   I am learning there are hidden treasures in what we don't see right away... they are seen with eyes that want to see...
The above picture speaks this to my heart... most just see sweet, smiling Charli... 

my princess eyes see  more... the old love holding the new.  The strong arms that hold that young seed are full of love and life... stories and heritage dwell in those arms... in that heart. 

Faithful arms that embraced me  as a babe now embrace my seed.  And, the same heart and mouth that spoke the impossible for Sarah continues to sing over me. 

Foundations of faith are being sung into place over here on Ridgegate... one stone at a time...
God is making laughter for me!  Feel free to laugh alongside.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment