About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

without love

Today Pastor's wife is full of pondering.  As I continue to sing and consider my Father's desire for me I am reminded of the greater.  If I am alive with song and many other admirable giftings but have not love... my song just adds to the racket.   I want to have a song of beauty... uncommon... full of power... full of passion and alive with LOVE.  For it is the greatest.
Those little 4 birds... they remind me of my flock.   They see the best of me and often the worst. I am called to teach and to train these little birds to sing.  Today my heart wrestles with the knowing ache that if I don't lure them into singing with my love then I have only written chords of law.  No heart is captivated by law.  Please, God help me to love well.  I struggle.

Our home is alive with song.

Sometime the flame dances to the roar...
other times it's faint like a whisper.  Both dance fully alive... both have different warming tones.
Some of the richest times have been when brothers and sisters have shared their songs.
They bring their song of love.  We receive... we learn... we sing... we dance... we use our hands to embrace the song.
The new song I have been called to sing doesn't have to be led by me... 
fully learning that some of my best worship comes from a brother's leading.

So as we sing on... in hope and expectation for what is to come and what will soon no longer be... our family and these walls... we invite the Spirit... we invite love to dwell among us and be the song leader.
With love so fully alive... faith and hope are not far behind.  There is power in triplet.   Just as our Prince Elliott stands for two others and draws out our affection for what we cannot always see...
So is love... desiring to be most alive and visual so that faith and hope might be fully seen and experienced.  

The song of love... today I desire to lay down what so easily entangles my beauty... His beauty...
and I want to learn His song... the song of love.  It's catchy... it's costly... it takes learning and dying... it takes esteeming the other... it takes seeing and speaking... it takes that which I do not fully know... it lures me... so I learn one note at a time... 

and I risk... 
and I sing... for I do not want to be heard not singing love's tune.




No comments:

Post a Comment