About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

never alone

I love my smalls.
I LOVE MY SMALLS.
They are my best friends.
Thankful that God has given me them as gifts and as ministry partners.

This morning was a hard one for all us growing ones.  Princess Eloise asked, "Mom do you miss our home?"  I attempted to put on my positive pants and answer... she saw my wrestling and said, "I do."  It released freedom in me.  She wasn't complaining.  She loves it here, but she knows it isn't home.  It opened the door for much conversation.  All the kids sharing how joyful they are about the adventure in Ohio, but at the end of the day Bud says it best... "I miss my drums."  He misses the comforts that declare His heart.

The home we are staying in is beyond lovely... but it is a declaration of another's heart and giftings.

Our House of Hope has our Handprints on it.
I miss our smudges.  I know they won't be ours much longer, but they are today, and my heart misses the stamp of the small.

More than anything... no matter where I am on the map... no matter the home... the biggest blessing is...  I am never alone.

Today in a way that won't always be.  I have my ministry sidekicks living right under the same roof... sitting side by side with smiles.
Sure we had our quarrels just hours before, but love always overcomes.  It always wins.

No matter my view... whether the young prince and the eldest princess...
or the three lovelies together...  
sharing space with wild love in the middle.

This high calling I get to do... and I am never alone.

Be not mislead I have moments that I believe the lonely- lie and this momma's heart gets chilled with deception...  
It's during these times that I am the one that steals joy from the bigger picture... I choose to withhold the blessing of my warm eyes.

It doesn't take long though... I hate the cold remember???  Soon enough I am beckoned back into the arms of love...
Love pours from the small, and I receive the gentle reminder... I am NEVER alone.

The importance of this lesson is immeasurable... for one day much too soon... my ministry team will look different, and they will have teams of their own...  

I will grieve the days of the bickering and tears... I will miss my "get-to's."

I will miss love saying, "you're never alone" through these tiny smiles...
I may be years away from my truest home, and I am miles away from Ridgegate... but in this moment I am SAVORING...

My very heart aches with thankfulness for the small interruptions with reminding smiles that speak the Father's heart... "I am with you... you're NEVER alone."






No comments:

Post a Comment