About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Saturday, January 21, 2012

treasure hunt

the Vaughan peeps aren't on Ridgegate today, but we are still alive with dance.
 We are into the dance of the wild.
Last night we met our Vineyard family.  We so enjoyed the first of many heart-knitting times.  The night was full and long.  We came expectant, and before the speaker began... healing was well underway.  

It wasn't super flashy... in fact, this miracle was one that was only observed by Pastor and myself.  We witnessed freedom release its gift over our eldest princess.  As the hearts rang loud in the worship center Princess Emmiline brought her gift of dance to the King.  It was graceful, it was free... it was beautiful.  

I have been singing courage and freedom for months now.  In the first moments of being present "in the pretty good church" my eldest was released in ways I had been dreaming for quite some time.

I am thankful even now as I type.  The cravings my heart has been hungering for are now being filled.

The night started with repentance and asking for faith eyes.  I do so long for larger faith.

The rest of the night was spent expressing affection and asking for presence.

I saw the Lord move and stir in new ways, and I brought my offerings as well.  

Freedom was the theme that rang loudest in my heart.

Our Eloise boldly marched down the isle and laid her hands on the broken.  She sought healing through the asking and her tears.

Prince Bud prayed for his broken momma, and Charli offered her gifts of squawks and smiles.

It was a crazy night.  We had 4 smalls in worship service for 3 and 1/2 hours.  Princess Charli had strong opinions about how long the night ran.  The weather was treacherous.  It was like something from a movie.  Thankful for new friends that help scrape ice in dark, miserable conditions.

Today is a new day, and we continue the search for what God has.
Knowing treasure is everywhere if we'll just choose seeing eyes.

We Vaughan's are sticking our hands in the new and digging for the deep.
Their is great joy in the search and even greater joy in the discovery.
I'm into treasure and the hunts.  

I am learning more and more what it looks like to have faith like a child... and dance has been a friendly teacher.
it frees...
it softens...
It entices...
it calls for wild abandonment for everything that imprisons.  

This momma wants to be a radical... a radical that is radically FREE.

On the hunt for more treasures tonight... strength is rising as I wait.



No comments:

Post a Comment