About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

seed seer

faith...

It can be tricky.

Choosing to learn much about this word that thrives in the unseen.

Heart full of ache as I know it's impossible to please my Papa without it.

It allows me to do things outside myself.

Believing I can makes me motion towards steps...
tear-filled belief is costly... it invites heart investments..

Testimonies increase it.

It's as if we are saying, "He is birthing this, do you see it?"  "Do you believe?"

It's a gift.

It's a way-maker when there is no way.

The seed that's planted by Another  I "get to" help garden.
It invites bold action like laying down comforts to pick up the new.
What is invisible to most is seen by those who choose its eyes.

I choose... but my roots are still growing and the storms bend me hard and tempt to rip my roots.

Faith... expectantly waiting for the nourishing fruit that is coming after planting, watering, and MUCH waiting... trusting in the seed that forms fruit in the dark.

I want to be a seed seer.  Always seeing the small that brings the big... remembering what died in the ground that gives birth to the UNBELIEVABLE.
I want to be a mountain mover...
momma-healing...
love-filled radical for The King.

Knowing that most often this occurs when I am willing to take a seat on Faith's adventure and pedal...
With loving guidance from the Teaching One I do what doesn't feel safe...
I remember that in the act of terrifying risk I am covered in royal armor.
It is not my own but given freely.
I have been given the invitation to ride...  
Still easily shaken... but with the wheels of training still in tact... I cannot fail.  I need not be afraid.  

He steadies me.
He calls forth my faith.
He reminds me of my progress.
He dreams big for me.
He delights in my joy.
He celebrates success in my story.
He keeps planting.
He keeps giving eyes and a heart that hopes...
Always lovingly cheering me on and equipping me with more.

Faith... always growing... and always wanting more...
Singing the song of the mustard seed.

1 comment:

  1. ahh... i love this. a seed seer indeed! such a great message here today!

    ReplyDelete