About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Saturday, February 11, 2012

letters

W.A.L.K

Important letters... Letters that have been traced onto my hands and into my heart by a royal woman like no other.  She has been faithful to speak many letters into my story.  She is the strongest warrior I know.  She is also the most tender.

A little over 2 years ago she began spelling walk's letters into the lines of my family's story.  Thankful to have lived unaware of what was coming, but blessed to know that I wouldn't trade a single chapter.

Walk by faith... Yes!
That is what we are seeking.
This little one is a moment by moment reminder of the call... W.A.L.K.
Her story of life... pages filled with parents' messy faith.

Faith has been on my heart so much lately... Pastor and I already feel certain that our next home has already been named by the Father.  As we drive away from Ridgegate and leave our House of Hope we will begin a new journey in our House of Faith.  

Faith...  
The subject can seem a bit blurry...
Seeing through the lens of faith takes times and can feel disillusioning...
So often we grow weary of faith's look... so we add our own sassy fashion.
It as if we are saying... Don't you remember me?  Don't I deserve better?  Because of my obedience... You owe me!  
Entitlement is a fierce enemy of faith.

Oh... simple letters with such profound meaning...
We must be faithful to keep our eyes fixed on the nourishment that faith brings.  It helps sustains when the walks are long.

Faith and Hope are big words.  Both have an expectation.  An assurance of the goodness in the Promising One.  

He invites us to stand on His letters of promise... firm and planted deep...
Never standing alone.

So the one that my Papa keeps using to write into my hands... holds out hers to my seed...
And she bids letters of love in the hands of the learning... W.A.L.K.

From the smallest princess feet to the largest on Ridgegate... we choose to step out in faith and walk.
Keeping our faith lenses fixed on the loving hands that are always extended... ones that always speak of hope and faith.

Ones that give courage to put one foot in front of the other and W.A.L.K!






  

No comments:

Post a Comment