About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Saturday, February 18, 2012

changing faces

Unexpected beauty hides in the face of change...
Life overflows with its tossing seas... 
We cannot escape its waves... 
We might as well learn to swim with the current... let our hands embrace that which we cannot control...
We can try to scramble our way to shore... 
We can pretend we don't see... 
Rather than capture the beauty in change... we most often settle...
Posing and offering only a profile of who we really are...
But it doesn't change what is... truth always remains...

So many tidal waves of new swirling around me... 
It stirs up, and I have a choice... 
Will I give a playful wink to my frequent friend... 
or will I....
Close up... trying to ignore his realities...

I know what feels safe.
I know what I have done
Help me resist repeating that which does not honor...

Help me embrace the beautiful, shining light that grows change...
Grieve the season that's over... yes!
Cry... absolutely!
Be authentic... is there any other real choice?
Call out to God... every second!
Delight... perhaps I could!
Celebrate... now there's an invitation.
See emerging beauty and confidence in the new...
YES!  YES!  YES!

Almost a decade of being a momma... change still takes my breath away... especially when it comes to my smalls...

Everything is entrusted for a season... wanting to spend my seasons in the light... teaching, loving and playing.
I don't want to be glassy-eyed and indifferent to the One always bringing the new...
I want to have eyes-alive that take delight in the doodles of the near-deca princess...
Truth and declarations... some of the many fruits of change...

Growing faster than I would like...
Morphing into more beauty than I could've dreamed.

Give me a thankful heart... 
Not just for the beauty that comes in the light of the new... 
But also in the storms just before...

Give me eyes to see what You see...  beautiful changing faces that shine in Your light.










No comments:

Post a Comment