About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

song of sweet truths

There is a knowing Spirit alive in our home today... actually everyday but this one is different.

The tender hearts of the hopefuls know that Pastor's visit is coming to a close.  We are all emotion-filled as we dread his departure.  Oh...  I do hate it when he leaves.

As I began the day in mornings early light I remained still.  In the dawn of today's worship I asked... "What are you saying today?"  "What are you doing?"  "What would you like me to hear?"

Even as I bring my song... He brings His.... still trying to learn when to bring my chorus and when to listen to the Instrumental.  Feels a bit harder today... but I am a learning one.

He is The God of consistency and perseverance... He never gives up.
I need the song of truth today... the song that loves on my heart and whispers nourishment into my very soul...
As I sing with the Psalmist... "I love the habitation of your house and the place where your glory dwells."  I realize... I love the crazy mess of a woman... because He is indwelling.  I must take good care of His habitation in me. 

I must fight the temptation to wall up my heart.  I will allow sadness to sing and wash over the cracks that aloneness brings.

I will give myself the gift of sight.  Vision-fixed and grace to see...   Ears to hear the truth-songs always calling out... restoring color to the dark.
Touching me with hands filled with affection and offering Hope.

I am no super-hero... but I do behold the sweetest truths...
Truths that satisfy and sing over me... and all the listening royals.

Sing loud, Papa... your servant is listening!








No comments:

Post a Comment