About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

noisy gong

Heritage of LOVE...
Most often our perception of love looks something like...
A fairytale... 
Boy meets girl... She twirls... says "I do" and it's done... 
Happily ever after.... love in a nutshell.

Feeling heavy about the four letter word today... it's dreamy for me to believe that love is being fully portrayed in the bride...
It's also a 
LIE...

The body... 
We need to remember we are clothed in wedding garments... 
As we wait we are to be His hands.... bestowing crowns of love.
Unveiled faces being transformed...

As I remember the hard truths boldly proclaimed in 1 Corinthians... conviction stirs and sets in.

Most of my love looks a lot like...
An attempt to play an instrument  of make believe... I pretend.  
The result = clanging. 
Loud noise.  Noise that drowns out loves true melody.

Don't get me wrong.  I am learning...  very much on the journey.  
As I study I feel heavy... NOT DEFEATED... 
Simply put... 
I just want to love better...

I want my hands to play the skillful tune of love.  
Tongue hanging out from joy-filled focus... He teaches scales and I play...
Not because of duty... but because His songs of love bring delight... I WANT to offer... I WANT to sing...
Eyes looking left and right... longing to bless others with His song through me...

So many things love is not...
envious
rude
selfishly insistant
irritable
resentful
evil loving

Not a noisy gong... Not a clanging symbol.

I don't want my life to reflect the list above...  
It has though... even today... I am guilty....  

I am also forgiven and taught anew....

God is a pattern breaker... He busts through sins comforts... creating new products of love...
The beauty on the far left is an instrument of love... my own mother... a woman that breaks generational patterns.  
She loves in ways that changes... me and everyone she comes in contact with.

Her playful love... full of grace...   
Her very presence and royal listening invites me to demo what she lives...
I take my instrument painted with flames of passion...
I learn to play His songs... I learn to love...
Not just Him... not just the song... not just my story... but the whole body of instruments.

Praying as I continue to tune out "the oldies" of love and pic new truths... His affection will overflow...
Like a river of joy pouring out... flushing out the gongs and clamors...  and replacing them with beautiful melodies of LOVE....

In the end it's all Him anyways... so busy thinking I am playing with all my might... but it's Him that makes the music... I just get to partner and play.... 
He writes the song sheets of my life, and I sing of the "Happily ever after" that really is coming... 

His song over us is the remnant song we are called to learn and sing... LOVE.


















No comments:

Post a Comment