About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Sunday, February 12, 2012

bounty

Today has been one of bounty...

It wouldn't seem that all that grand to most... but for me it has been wonderful.
Normal days for this princess are routine-filled and rigid so when freshness of the new falls... something in me becomes alive...

I close my eyes and savor.
My heart shares a smile with my face.
There is much to be said about the little joys in life.
It's in the beauty of these moment that I am recognizing new joys.   I am learning to be childlike.
As I grow more into the simple... bounty pours hard...
Like manna from Heaven I see His provisions of love falling upon me...  eyes that  long to see His wonders shall do just that... 
and so I train these eyes... and I watch and wait.

Not only do I see the light in His bounty... I also see it in me... I reflect the Lavishing One.

The more I resemble the more I want to resemble.

His artistry in me like beauty of snow falling from the sky... one flake at a time... 

I am giddy with the sight of  His accumulation in me.

Just to be clear... days at this House of Hope aren't always filled with Rockefeller Center ice skating... Most days we are just trying to keep our socks dry in the frigid slush. 

Just trying to keep the eyes of this house in focus and our ears ever hearing... 

It is a fact... we serve The God of abundance...
Those who eavesdrop on hope's conversations are sure to get some for themselves...
"I will sing to the Lord because He has dealt bountifully with me."  Psalm 13:6



No comments:

Post a Comment