About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

word seeds

"The person out of the good treasure of his heart produces good."
Luke 6:45

Words...  they are so powerful.
Doesn't seem like rocket science...
Life words bring life... death words bring death.
Simple to conceive quite hard to birth.

Whether written or spoken...
Words are...
Seed that grow.
Some into rich nourishing plants.... others... into life sucking weeds.
Both deeply rooted.

I gulp hard as I realize that I have fertilized many weeds in my home.

Pastor and I try to be very intentional with our language.   New skills are being learned in the artistry of planting word seeds.
Today... a day filled with grumpies from the overly tired and also... unique Lenten blessings...
One of the many beautiful gifts of following God is He invites us to live in expectancy...
As we accept... ordinary days turn into days filled with a rainbow of opportunities.

The House of Hope... a home of learning... filled with students of all ages.  God does not speak only to the parents.  We all learn from each other.  

Some lessons... especially from our prince are a little wacky... but I seek to learn and scribe what he orders... we all giggle at the instructions of his WILD youth... 
My obedience shows there is no division... speaks value to his risk and courage for future equations...

As I teach I closely study.  
My pupils are RADICAL.
Surprises are literally around every corner.  How I see and speak dictates intake and opportunities.

The small are moved to record... for others and themselves.
Testimonies... 
Faith builders and colorful gifts... marked out for all generations.
Artists declaring love names from The King in the Son's light.

All our lives spent so busy naming in ways that don't honor... ALWAYS NAMING... do we see it???
Good day/bad day... smart/stupid... funny/boring... best/worst...  delicious/disgusting... hate/love...  The list is endless... as are the labels. ... 
Spoken curses from mouths meant to edify.

A reminder stirs...
"What comes out of a person is what defiles him." Mark 7

We guard our words... we watch our tongues... our children hear big things regarding their stories.  They embrace huge truths.  They hear from God and they bear His royalty...  We name in a way that honors each other and the Name Lover.

They receive because of the Spirit alive in them... they hear love calling...
They respond with toothless shine...
In the midst of all my grumpies... all my failings... all that isn't Him... He still uses me... He still... 
Proclaims nobility... in... through... and around me...

His seed... fully good... fully alive... fully active...

Our words... just another way we manifest His deep within and affectionately crown those we come in contact with.

Desiring my young to help plant good seeds of their own from abundant treasures we've helped deposit. 
Our first fruit... so full of beauty... blooming so much... using her treasure... speaking royal names of promise over the youngest seed.  And inviting those around to experience rich fruits from the Land of Promise.







No comments:

Post a Comment