About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Monday, February 27, 2012

guard

Truth... worthy of the guarding.

Life... stored in memory's bank... both mind and heart should be protected.

Even when we don't think we need equipment or don't like its look...
Protecting the fragile is as essential as the air we breathe.

Just like the Helmet of Salvation... delighted in by some...
Eyes closed in dislike by others...

Truth is this helmet has been lovingly worn by all the tender warriors in our home.  It has looked different for each but has served its purpose well... 

Protector of the sacred...

Armor our family has grown to love... it protects stories.

The mind... not seen and yet such a strong weapon.  
Intentionality and awareness is needed to preserve that which the enemy longs to pollute.

So often we don't make proper adjustments... 
Knowingly we use our hands to create gaps for the enemy... we leave space for injury...
 His ideas and words of destruction invade and glaze over decrees... making our word truths cloudy...
We must march in this life girded in truth.... Helmets Of Salvation firmly fastened...  Hearts and minds firmly rooted in promise.
It's a momma's job to be attentive to gaps... to tighten loose straps for herself and her young.  
God has handpicked me to be a tool for the Kingdom.  
I am to encourage greater vision... to teach and declare His truth.
No invitational gaps issued to the evil one on my watch.  
Days will come when protection from my hand will feel like a touch from an enemy... 
During these times I must fight lies all the harder.  Truth will be declared...
I love...
I protect...
For His glory...
At all costs...
I wear my helmet...  I help others with theirs...  It is my calling.

In our home we are Hopeful's aware of the Divine that saves and delivers.
And... with all our helmets securely fastened we march on in the darkness... 
Carrying His letters of light.








No comments:

Post a Comment