About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Thursday, February 16, 2012

smiling change

While I wasn't even looking... it happened again...

In the midst of getting settled back into "the new norm."  My middle princess full of wild beauty announced change...
Change that we expected long ago...
Change that shouldn't have surprised... but it did...
I'll do a little recap... 
Above is a pic that Pastor took and posted just a few days ago...

This is her today... 
Close up... sporting a new grin... 
Her Momma left missing the old.
Gums all bloody and smile filled with a gap.  If it had happened two weeks ago, I would've been ready, but today it brought "water works."

My heart...a bit more aware today... more tender.  Both gifts I receive.

My knowing heart sees our path... worn by the footsteps of familiarity... all for the sake of the Kingdom.
Land marked with the marcher's stamp... it has been traveled much, and faith walking continues...

These Hopefuls pressing in and pressing on...
Still seeking... 
Sometimes...one foot in front of the other... 
And others... 
When legs are weak and hearts are tired...
We rest on the shoulders of the Loving One.
Our Burden Bearer not only carries the things that weigh us down... He also carries us.

Ohhhhhhh!  He carries me... this alone brings so much.  It restores and renews... 
Mouth full of sustenance from the Father's hand and clothed in playful love... 
He feeds... He carries... He delights.  
We are like two peas in a pod.  

In the midst of "standing still pains" and the aches from time that passes too quickly...  I rest on and in the One that sees... 
He holds my feet secure.
And I make declarations of praise... 
He can be trusted... He is Faithful... He is loving... He knows best and is ALWAYS doing me good.   

His song is one of The Lover... and we are His...
This love name speaks to my core and calls me to walk by faith straight into the unknown.

And just as the seasons bring their change so will the perspective of my heart... sometimes overflowing with joy and other times... tears.  
I need not waste time researching and explaining the why's of it... 
I need only tend to this entrusted heart and let Him in to fully embrace.  

Together, in the midst of change I offer Him my smile... 

Like Princess Shorty... full of gaps and new growth peeking through.








1 comment: