About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Sunday, February 19, 2012

tillin' time

I've got the itch...
Spring is in the air...
You know it's right around the corner when the sun provides its warmth and glory...
You get all giddy inside... like seeing beauty about to break through the hard and bloom anew.
It's time to till the dormant.
Layers of untouched need stirring and replenishing... 
Intentional love in the form of sharp tools and tender hands... 
Remembering resurfaces.


I decided to bring a little sass to our mound this year...
Rain boots partnered with shorts in the sunny warm... 
Beholding last falls fruits...
It's fun to be a little off...

Most would say I am a lot off... 
Gardening in a field we hope to sell before harvest... tilling and sowing seed for someone else to enjoy.   "If you are planning on moving... why bother?"  They ask.

I've been processing this and asking myself the same... Passion arose as I remembered why we plant in the first place...

We are called to be hands that brings life to the dark...
It's not just about seeing and tasting the fruit... it's about partnering with The Gardener.  
It's about remembering our seeds that have died and celebrating their stories.

My heart becomes alive when I think about ministering to the land.  
Sacred time shared with the smalls... worshipping... and wondering... remembering and tilling... side by side... 
Today, we partake in fruit from the Divine.

I don't plan on being here to enjoy the other fruits of our labor.  And crazy enough it brings this wild great delight to know that others will be blessed by what the Hopefuls have planted... 
Mother and daughters seeding life...  
Ministry at its best.
Being Kingdom-minded calls for mind renewal.  It means my belly doesn't dictate the works of my hands... my heart is the tool.

Feeling so expectant as I massage the muck of what used to be.  Sensing God's delight as my very soul hungers to feed His body like I long to feed this soil.  

Joy-filled as I see myself blooming like spring... busting through the hard clay of selfishness creating a field cultivated in love.

The richest part of replenishing is seeing the delight it brings...
Being part of something that matters... to be gardening ones... lives that plant seeds knowing that God is The Title Holder of all.

So blessed... 
He calls me worthy... 
He entrusts me with His precious seeds.
Yes... it's tillin time for Pastor's wife... 
Deep in the dirt I am reminded....
He longs for his children to be bearers of His Image... seed planters... tillers... 
Generous ones that pour out and pour into... we don't reap for ourselves... we hunger for more...
He is the God of the land... seeds... and the seasons.  It's all for Him. 

I don't want to miss out on blooms whether on Ridgegate or in Dayton...  
The prayer my heart sings is one of desire... for all of my life to be a fertile field... 
Trusting in the hand that tills my heart.




No comments:

Post a Comment