About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Sunday, February 5, 2012

light

Day 3
Saturday

On a day filled with clouds and rain soaked earth the Teaching One reminds the learning of the beauty that permeates through the dark ordinary...
LIGHT...
always here...often disguised...

His light... shining in and through His fragile jars of clay.
It is easy to let circumstances dictate brightness... I am guilty of this even today... 

Reminded of Peter and the light-gift he received from the angelic... light that could not be stopped by walls that imprison... light that awoke and called him to walk... 
a walk that led out the chained- dark and into freedom. 
Listening and learning about the compound nature of man... this so speaks to my easily flustered heart.

Thankful for open hands that receive me no matter my light's gauge...
small flicker or blazing bright... I am loved the same.
The Teaching One brings her loveliness, her pastor... and their fruit.  They share and choose to bless.  

They bring feet ready to march towards the mountain... 

They discuss battle plans and they bring their light.
They lead us in the silent march around Ridgegate Lane.
Blessed to be a follower... 
not feeling much like a leader today... 
God see's and He speaks...
"March on daughter!"  
"Even in the gray, I ask?"  
"Especially in the gray... you... Princess... carry My light."
"But... you walk not alone... I am sending warriors to march alongside."
Oh, Papa... this princess... this compound woman... you see and you love.  

I will march.  I will bring your light.  Please... continue to fan Your flame in me.

Praising and singing with joy in the gray... blessed by those leading and silently marching alongside.

Today is a brown bag day...  plain and weathered on the outside but so much beauty and light hiding within.
Forgetting not... that God is not only The Creator of light but also a fan of 3rd days...

Light gifts... wrapped in the in the battered... crimson beauty hanging from it... illuminating the dark.









No comments:

Post a Comment