About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Friday, February 24, 2012

truth arise

Lent
Day 2

The morning began with much expectation...
Some days just feel more alive than others.  Part of that has to do with the physical me... other times... the Spiritual.

I knew the truth of today's forecast.   A day to be filled with the warm and bright.
This morning didn't speak of those truths...
The view...
A skyline filled with foggy haze.  Where are the signs of the spoken shine that I so hunger to see?

Truth... always present... easily masked by circumstantial cloudiness.

It's during these times that I must fight and remember... it only takes a teaspoon of truth for victory to arise.
No matter what my circumstances are cooking up... I can trust the truth that permeates the soft of my soul...
It mixes with what it seen... the sticky... the messy... the ever changing... 
Hope does it's job... it presses in and forms... it waits in expectation... certain of the coming change.
Patience... time... and watchful eyes see the heightened... 
Intense heat is prepared in order to make the permeable permanent...
Without this step... without the high temperatures... all you have is a sticky, inedible mess resembling what could be...

There is no other way to solidify... to transform the pliable into it's intended glory.
Thankful for the Bread Of Life.  His aroma that speaks love like my Grandma's kitchen.  Alive with hands that work to replenish the hungry.

His truth not alway manifested in ways easily seen... but wholesome to the eyes and the body.

Yes... His truths always arising... even on the foggiest days.  
Promises always prevailing... 
And when the weather on Ridgegate feels heavy with gloom... I can choose Spirit eyes because I know... 
No matter how my mornings start... His forecasts always ring true.  
In His perfect time... 
The light of His faithfulness shines... making way through the thick cover....
Bringing beauty and His Victorious truth... penetrating my gap-filled landscape.

  




No comments:

Post a Comment