About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Thursday, February 2, 2012

carry on

"parting is such sweet sorrow."

The grumpies made their grand appearance in me as I loaded up the smalls in the Dayton sunshine...
seems like we always going somewhere... always sojourning...  

traveling is tiring.  

It takes a lot of heart to keep reloading... 
especially when it feels like climbing a mountain just to get into our seats... so much stuff to step over.

It's hard for the young to understand journeys.  
It often confuses the tender, and they cling hard to the Papa.  

Pastor stayed behind... he may need medical attention from stress' fiery darts.  I think in my haste and hurry I forgot to put on my crown.

I didn't behave much like a princess as I gathered.   Hands so full with the urgently unimportant that they had no space for what mattered most.
Clutter...

It often blocks my vision... 

So thankful for that whole "not about performance" thing.

Awe filled that God allows new-life green to dwell right in the midst of the scaly shedding.
Beauty often emerges out of the wildest places.

Feeling ready to bless another traveler with our House of Hope... 

to bring the red more alive in me and tend new land.
Longing for our family to be together.  

As Pastor declared the other day... "Our house is already sold.  It's just a matter of God revealing the timing."  A good word from a Good Pastor.

So we drive back to Ridgegate, and we wait.  And we live in the certainty that God is up to big things, and our assignment is not yet complete.  
We obey the call to "carry on" and walk by faith.

We remember that life as sojourners though not always easy... has many perks...

life on Ridgegate is VERY full of life... routines and norms are giant "get-to" blessings.
Yes... my heart longs for the next but also smiles in the now...
YES!  I shall carry on...
in faith and in joy!








1 comment:

  1. Hi, I am a friend of Lisa's and she shared a link to your blog. I have been reading and am really inspired by your beautiful writing & honesty. Your family is beautiful & so blessed to have you as their mama! -Andrea

    ReplyDelete