About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Monday, February 13, 2012

The Same But Different

Good Pastor here for a change.  Really enjoying my time in Knoxville... wow, initially typed my "visit" to Knoxville.  That communicates a lot...

Much is the same, but it looks and feels very different.

Much hope around here... even though this blasted thing still stands tall in the front yard.  Expecting.

Feels the same, but more anticipation... of the the good.

In fact, there has always been love in our home, but it seems to be in greater abundance than ever before.
Overflowing... superfluous... like never before.


This little critter can't seem to give enough kisses.

This is the same critter that didn't even show signs that she liked her family a year ago.  Love is growing all around.

Big Brother's been feeling more love too...  His affection seems to mean even more to Charli.  She knows the value of a brother.  She will not take it for granted.


The smalls can't seem to get enough of their Pop.  Seems every time I sit down I've got two of them climbing into my lap.


Totally eating this up.  Love the love.  At the same time my heart's sad that they are this starved for their Papa's affections.

I catch myself realizing how much I neglect the Father's affections... when I taste it, it is so good, and I do long for more.

Seeing so much change in my Emmiline.  So much more love.  So much more thoughtfulness.  Tenderness.  Kindness.

It's well received.
Found the note in the next picture in my floor one morning.  It was an invitation to rest.

Receiving my invitations to rest... my invitations to more affection... to more love.
Somehow it's hard for my mind to stay in that place... seems to quickly gravitate back to my to do's.
At the same time I am celebrating so much growth... seems lately I see it the most in my first born.

Not only is she physically getting taller... there's just so much maturing that has happened and is happening in her.  There's also an intense attentiveness to the Spirit like never before... there's leadership in her!

Shorty's tooth... man, it has been loose for a long time.  Slow process.  Was loose over a month ago!  Gradual increase in the wiggling.

There are still some things clinging onto us... ready to break free.  Expecting greater freedoms than ever. Have seen the wigglings... the evidence that strongholds are loosening.  Change is imminent.  Change has begun, but greater changes are on the horizon... and the horizon... in fact, the whole sky is more beautiful than ever.



Was not able to participate in the march that happened around my home last week... however, God was on the move in Ohio as well.  So deeply blessed by a handful of fellow warriors at the Vineyard who joined me as we marched around our church.

You might remember the enactment prophecies from the Old Testament.  A prophet would do an action to help them communicate their message (i.e. bind themselves, take off certain clothing, small a clay pot).  The action represented what was to come.

We've been making declarations of truth lately... truths that may not feel true.  In fact reality tells us that they are not true, but scriptures say that they are true.  For example, when I'm feeling defeated and exhausted, I declare the scripture, "Let the weak say, 'I am strong.'"  We are strong in Him!  God makes that which is by declaring it before it is.

The march with our precious soldiers was an enactment declaration... declaring God granting freedom.  It is for freedom that we have been set free!  Much praying.  Much calling out.  Maybe the sweetest gift was the sweet blessing of friendship, community and worship that took place... truly so moving.  So grateful.

Much of the same still in us, but so much different.  So much new happening.  So much being birthed.  So much wiggling and changing.

No comments:

Post a Comment