About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Sunday, September 4, 2011

up to?

Today, I wonder what God is up to.  This is the question Pastor asked us to discuss as we had church this morning....hmmmm....this question is BIG for me....maybe because I am so hopeful or maybe because I fear being wrong.

Some moments  I feel like God is so on the move in me that I am about to go into my phone booth and morph into my super-natural self.
                                                
Other times I feel like I am not hearing God at all, and it makes me feel very frustrated and confused.  I am not known for patience, and the whole "Be Still And Know" stuff is hard business for me.  You can normally tell the condition of my heart by the look on my face....


Certain that God wants me to continue to write down my dreams, share them with others, and bring those gifts to Him as we walk out this life this side of Heaven.  Rich community can happen when we risk...even sharing our deepest dreams is risky....

But, at this exact moment...as I sit in my bed....and I think....and type....I am aware that I am a daughter that is hungry to know more about her Good Daddy....the desire is deep to worship and enjoy HIM with all that I am.  I can give HIM worship that no one else can replicate....because it is my gift....my offering.



fully aware that becoming a FRUIT bearer is messy




I am seeing more and more everyday that the more I long to reflect my Daddy opposition will rise.  It will rise from the world.  It will rise from the church.  It will rise from my community.  It will rise from those who love me.....maybe even from my own family.....


This picture speaks the loudest of what I feel God is up to.....much like this grain that has been sprouting in my kitchen....God is sprouting NEW THINGS in me....it's a long process...it takes time and tending...you have to work it and process it into something new....I really enjoy it but others.....well....they see no beauty in it...they don't like it... they feel it's too hard to swallow and intolerable.  I would be lying if I said  that wasn't hard...it is.   I rather like being liked.   Today, I think God is inviting me to rest in the sprouts......He is inviting me to gently share them, and if they are opposed, He reminds me that I must be well on my way to reflecting  Him as He too is very familiar to being opposed.

What is God up to?????  On my way to finding out..... 


No comments:

Post a Comment