About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Ohio

This morning my bride and I drove out of Knoxville through Kentucky and into Ohio. Felt like such strange, new territory. The first part of the drive was so unusual... something like a dream. Deep, thick fog surrounded us. A few minutes later the sky would be clear. Moments later, the deep fog had re-appeared out of nowhere. This happened several times. Felt like it represented my future. Feel like I catch glimpses, but then I walk back into the fog.

Enjoy just riding in the car alone with Kel. Something nice about just sitting in close proximity... even when neither of us is saying anything.  The silence is strange, delightful and safe.

Also noticed the leaves beginning to change. Man, I love watching fall creep up on us in East Tennessee. The way the leaves change colors... well, it just does something for me. Enjoyed seeing the beginning of that process. Always fearful it's going to happen too quickly. Again, feel like noticing these leaves change was a reminder that it is the beginning of a new season for my family and I. Just still unsure what that season might look like.

Had Day One of the interview process today. So much to love about the church. So much to love about the people. Grateful for their authenticity. Still very curious. Still very excited. Also feeling very scared. Doubting and questioning myself... “Am I enough?” That thought has echoed through my head today.

Looking and listening for God's leading. Still wanting to experience a little more of this church and process. Want to be willing to admit that I'd absolutely love it and want it... if that's what I decide... even if they aren't interested I me.

Will write more tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. He is more than enough in you and therefore, you are more than enough, Adam!

    ReplyDelete