About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

and the greatest of these......

This picture will look strange if you don't know the context.  It was a picture taken by Emmiline during a faith-building time at our home.  Shorty, as we love to call her was totally moved.  Her eyes poured out her heart.  At the time I didn't know why she was crying.  I was a little confused so later I asked her, "Why the tears?"  I was shocked at her answer.  In her 7 year-old way she simply expressed that she was just so moved by what had happened...she said, "I just thought it was so cool."  Those words will forever bless me.  Eloise has great FAITH and a million questions.  I often check-in to see what is stirring in her little body.  Today, was one of those days.  She thought about my question, and answered in great honesty some fears she had been struggling with regarding her 5 year old cousin's health.  It was a great opportunity to remind her about intercession and for us to pray together.  Her FAITH is growing and is teaching my FAITH is growing too.  She spurs me on in many ways, and God is using her to increase FAITH in our home.

As we continued our conversation about her cousin she asked a simple question...."What if this procedure that was so costly brings no answers????"  I said in earnest...."then we cry out to God...we pray, and we rest knowing our God is good, and He can be trusted."  I said, "How does that make you feel?"  Again, totally shocked by her answer, she just looked at me and grinned and said "hopeful."
I've been stirred by a lot lately.  In the stirring comes some fear.  As I begin to dream deeper dreams and hope for things not yet revealed...the risk increases.  I am vulnerable.  I desire...they are good desires...but they may not be HIS best for me.  If I am honest, I have to confess, it shakes me.  As the ache grows so does the risk....will I shrink back simply because I do not see as He sees?   As I talk to my Daddy-God I want to be anchored in HIS good LOVE...I know HIS heart for me....may I be a woman at rest because of that LOVE.....
May I learn to grasp how high, how deep, and how wide is the LOVE my Daddy has for me....for all His people...  He has proven Himself faithful.  He is my Good Shepherd.  Who else is always doing me good?  I am incapable of conceiving this kind of perfect love...so I cling to Faith, grip on to Hope and keep my eyes fixed on His love so that my anchor holds firm no matter what the day at sea may bring.

And today, Eloise is the teacher and I choose to learn about FAITH, HOPE, AND LOVE....and as she pours out, I am reminded of another truth...the greatest of these is LOVE....May I rest in it!   PRECIOUS CHILD-TEACHER!  The momma- blind leading the daughter- blind and vice versa.....and... a Daddy's vision that can be trusted for all.  
Wanting to find rest in the arms of the  greatest....my Daddy's unfailing LOVE which often comes through the hands of the small......





No comments:

Post a Comment