About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Interesting Day

Man, cannot believe it is the 13th of September. What happened? Where did the time go?

Interesting day. Going through regular life. At the same time always in the back of my mind is the thought, “What's gonna happen?” Not sure if I'll be offered the job in Ohio. Not sure what I'll end up doing in the near future.

Was able to visit my sweet niece in the hospital today. Grateful for positive surprises in her recovery today. CT scan was perfect, and she stood up on her own. Man, truly miraculous.

Although it may seem small and insignificant, the next item on my grateful list from today also really touched me. Emmiline was telling me about a context she saw in her National Geographic Jr. It involved an essay and photograph, but if she won... well, she won what we would call the jackpot. She'd win an all expense trip that could be described as an adventure expedition in Montana. It would include all kinds of exploring and hiking. When she told me about this prize, she said that if she won that she'd want me to go with her. Initially, I was very blessed by her words. As I thought about them more and more, the blessing seemed to grow greater and greater. The reality is that she hasn't won anything. She hasn't even applied to win. She didn't give me anything... except the gift of a invitation to join her into a dream. Man, such a great gift.

Still living the dream. Many gifts. Many blessings. Trying to notice them more often. Desperately not wanting to miss the present because of curiosity and anticipation about the future. Wanting to notice the here and now. Not as easy as it sounds though.

No comments:

Post a Comment