About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Thursday, September 8, 2011

daddy pastors

I remember when I brought my sweet boy home from the hospital....heart so full of joy over my little prince that christened me with his pee as the the doctor plopped him on my emptied belly.  I was overcome with emotion.  God had radically changed my heart and painted a picture of love that has forever wrecked me.  FOREVER!

Another thing really impacted me after bringing Elliott home was what I would call prophetic words spoken by a dear sister that mentors me.  She looked at Elliott.  She studied him.  She spoke.  "He is going to be a Pastor someday, I can see it in his eyes."  I was blown away by her words then....today I simply claim them.  I do pray my son will have a life-changing encounter with the Lord, and I pray he will pastor.

But, first, he must learn.  And how will he learn if Pastor doesn't teach?  If his momma doesn't teach?  Sure, God can still pour into his broken vessel even if we do not, but isn't it God's desire that we pastor our families.  This has been a cry of our family's heart.   I feel like Pastor has taken this calling very seriously...especially when he was fired from his vocational pastorship.  He sees with new eyes the importance of daddy's teaching sons, daughters...wives.  We are both wondering how God might use Pastor's passions in terms of a job.  We are curious and peaceful about this weekend...but today we remember the call to pastor him...

He is learning to think for himself...we must feed him truth


He is learning to love....his momma and daddy need to model love...for him...for each other...

He is learning the importance of bearing good fruit....we must be faithful gardeners and help weed out the things that want to destroy growth


He is learning to fill his body with good things...we must be faithful stewards of his belly....and teach


He is learning to worship....we must celebrate the way his DADDY has crafted him and encourage him to present his gifts as an offering


He's learned to love water....we must be faithful to teach him about the Living Water


He is learning to make friends and play....we must teach how to share... not just toys but his heart too..
He is learning to serve...we must encourage eyes that choose to see

He is learning joy...we must create an atmosphere of play....and laughter even in the hard...

He is learning the importance of remembering....we must document, record, and proclaim all the good that God has...is....and will do.

He is learning to be a gardener....We must teach him to be a hard worker, to be a patient planter, to water, to wait,  to watch and then enjoy.   I am thankful that as his momma I get to teach,.. but I am very aware that he is watching his Pastor-Daddy with learning eyes....and no matter what God may have for us this weekend...  Pastor has his hands full right here on Ridgegate Lane.  Our church is overflowing.  The soil is good.  The harvest is plenty.  I am thankful to have a Pastor that invests intentionally, that chooses, that struggles, that needs, that seeks and speaks.  I am even more thankful that God has put the desire in Pastor to teach other daddys how to shepherd their flocks.    
EXPECTANT! 










No comments:

Post a Comment