About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Moving On



This is in my front yard. Feels really strange. I do feel a good bit of relief too though. We're definitely moving forward. Get it? “Moving” forward. Anyways, it was funny to me. Sad at the same time.

No idea where we'll go. Maybe out of state. Maybe another location in Knoxville. Still so much unknown. Feel like I'm moving into something though. Don't want to passive and static. Stepping into the fog. Maybe that means I'll be out of it sooner... at least temporarily.

Sweet conversations with my bride lately... discussing thoughts shared by an author we're immediately fond of... conversations about the power offered to us through Christ. About... how hunger humbles. We are very hungry. About how some things are only offered to the desperate. About determination... like that of the two blind men who called out to Jesus. About the unfortunate reality that our picture of God often looks so much like us... because we're missing so much of who He is. Neglecting the Spirit. About how most of the goals of the modern church can be accomplished without God. All we need is people, money, and a common objective. Determination can achieve great things. Wow. How have I done that? How do I dream so big that doomed to failure unless God's in it? Hoping for more change in me.

Much like Knoxville weather... just when I think the season's about to change... well, it simply teases me. The season continues a little longer. Longing for a change in the seasons. Deeply longing.


This is our front door. Obviously, there's something different about it. The door sounds different when it closes now. There's a banging and rattling from this little contraption on the doorknob. If you're a little slow, that's okay. That's a lockbox for the realtor to get into our house. Yes, it is weird that strangers can come into my home, peek in my closets, sniff around in the refrigerator, inspect the cleanliness of the toilets... It's weird that I won't be staying here. Longing for keys to new things... I'm not speaking about cars or homes or any buildings. Longing for keys that open doors to new freedoms (for myself and others), new powers, more of Him, more accurate picture of Him, more Spirit-alive living...

In the meantime I'll keep proactively waiting... I know "proactively waiting" might not make sense, but I'm not totally sure what I'm doing or should be doing. That language makes what I'm doing sound deep and intentional... even if it's not.

1 comment:

  1. am sad to see this, at the same time, anticipating what God has for your family

    ReplyDelete