About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Thursday, September 22, 2011

An Email Today

I know it might sound crazy, but this kind of waiting has been so exhausting. Seems strange I'm sure, but it is really draining. Hard to describe. Anyways, got an email today from my friends in Ohio. Before I get to that, I'm still wrestling with the question I keep asking God, “What are you up to in the midst of my waiting?” Mentioned a few thoughts in my blog yesterday.

Sensing that God's wanting me to accept whatever happens as His will. Sensing He has more in store for me in the process. Sensing He prefers to do things in a manner much different than I'd initially choose. Okay, “sensing,” is definitely an understatement for the last one.

Back to the email... well, the pastor who has conducted almost all of the interview (who Kel and I love already), has communicated that the Senior Pastor would like to meet with me again... face to face. All I know is that we'll meet somewhere between Knoxville and Dayton, Ohio.

So glad to have received an email. Not what I had expected. I assumed a definitive one way or the other. Extremely grateful that it was not an unfavorable definitive. The Senior Pastor has a several more questions. Part of me feels very encouraged that they want to continue the process with me. Another part of me questions myself, “Did I underwhelm him? Does he have some major concerns?” Either way, glad he's really making sure that the fit is right.

Still waiting. Grateful a few more logs were thrown on the flames of hope.  

1 comment: