About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Thursday, September 15, 2011

good things

 You've heard me say it before but it's worth repeating....good momma's and daddy's want good things for their children....It brings delight in our hearts to SEE THEM...to bless them.

When I was in California I was blessed with many opportunities....ones that have forever marked me.  I got to buy something special for this young princess.  I got to buy her a cookie.

It may not sound that great to you, but it was HUGE for me....it was HUGE for her.  Emmiline has had severe food allergies since birth.  Her diet has been very rigid since about age 3.  She has been very isolated in the world of food.  Most of the things kids eat every day she has never tried.  This isn't all bad, and each day I see more and more what the unwanted gift of food allergies has brought into our home.  Anyway, while away, a dear sister pointed out one of her favorite cookies...it was a GIANT cookie made with WHOLE ingredients and all ingredients Emmiline could have.  I could hardly believe it....no egg, no dairy, no soy, no nuts....no garbage?   I was going to get my child her first-bakery style cookie from a store.  I was giddy!

I was full of joy as I purchased it....super cautious as I packed it....very secretive as I tucked it away at home until the right moment came....I wanted it to be special.  I wanted to bless her with a cookie date.
My heart is full even now as I see that smile.  It blesses to know that I was able to give sweet, good, whole things to this little one that would bring such joy and life.  
She was so proud....so excited.  She couldn't wait to rip into the package and feast on that giant piece of cookie-heaven.  She unwrapped it....I got out a fancy plate...we warmed it up...and she enjoyed.
Even with all my learning, trying, and pouring my heart into baking for her.. nothing could compare with this cookie.  This was the best cookie she had ever had.  She broke it apart piece by piece, she surveyed the gooey, she wore a chocolate-stache, she mmmmmm'd, and she savored.  I soaked in every grin, every delight, every doughy bite enjoyed by my princess.  It was rich.   She had a cookie feast and I had a feast of joy.
I am so so so thankful I got to bestow such a good and fun gift for my Lu.  Today, this really speaks to me.  As I look at these pictures with my tear filled eyes....I think about my Good Dadddy.  I think about His heart for me and His children.  He delights in surprising, giving, seeing, watching, blessing, and bestowing life giving treasure.  He waits for perfect timing, and then He watches with tears of joy as we savor His goodness.

When nervous thoughts come upon me...as they often do.....I want to remember these pictures.  I want to remember the joy I have in giving Good Things to my smalls.  I want to rest in the fact that He is so much better...so much more creative...so much more intentional...so much more loving...so much more....EVERYTHING!  In this I have great JOY...in this I have great HOPE.  No matter what tomorrow may hold for me, my family, our world....we have a God that loves with a furiously-tender love that desires GOOD THINGS....ALWAYS...for His people!  Thankful for a GOOD and PLAYFUL God that blesses....even with cookies....GOOD THINGS!






No comments:

Post a Comment