About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

wide open

"Open your mouth wide and I will fill it."
Psalm 81:10

Our God...
He is SO big...
I am so small...
He invites me to co-labor...
The learning curve... enough to wreck my brain and heart.
Fighting the lie that I am too premature to partner.

One thing I know for certain...
My heart for Him.
I do not always understand His ways... but by His grace I always desire Him.

Like a child that has finally and truly tasted...
I have come to peace with the throne He has seated me on...

His presence so rich... it stirs starvation in me...
I cannot explain it... 
Surrounded by a sea of "less is more."
His affection... different from the earthly... eat and then full...
With spiritual feasting... I leave thankful but always hungry for more.

No substitutes bring the life that I hunger for... 
These eyes big and alert to the artificial...
I stink up my nose to the Modified substances trying to fill voids...  
Fighting temptations to reach for nibbles of lesser things... like contracts... moves... even family-togetherness...
Sweet to the taste... falling short of the filling... 

So much to learn... loving the travel less than the arriving...
Journeying reveals neediness.

So until my next meal... I giggle and learn from the tiny princess who has been outwardly neediest... Once repulsed by food now driven by insatiable hunger...

I mimic what brings joy-filled smiles to my world... knowing it does the same for The King...
Mouth wide opened in faith waiting to be filled.
He does... 
My hunger and expectation grows...
Temptations... still there but less appealing...
He is my ONLY SOURCE...
I open wider... arms following suit.
With the Psalmist I sing...
Mouth wide... molars peeking...

"With my mouth I will make known  your faithfulness to all generations."
Psalm 89:1
He is ALWAYS FAITHFUL to fill mouths opened to HIM.

Wide open and hungry...
I must be filled...
Like a momma bird... I share my portion with my smalls...
Ridgegate's got a lot of hungry mouths to feed.








No comments:

Post a Comment