About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Thursday, April 12, 2012

magic beans?

"He Himself is our peace."
Ephesians 2:14

In this world...
There are...
NO...
MAGIC...
BEANS!!!
We are called to grow in all types of weather... 
Enjoying sun-filled days... enduring late night frosts.

Life...
The path can feel slippery and out of control...  splashes rise up...  blinding the seeing...

Always tempted to settle for artificial beauties...
When roads lined with life are always before us...
Each day filled with treasures... hardships... and juggling the big...
Thankful for the strong arms that hold me up and let me participate in His game.

For the body that fills in gaps...sharing laps with those missing their Daddy.
For little packages that remind me about joy and continual feasting... laughter and healing.
I want to be a woman that bears good fruit... IN EVERY SEASON... 
Ripe for Kindgom purposes.

Remembering the narrow gate today... often feeling lonely but leading...
To the door of LIFE...

NOPE... 
No magic beans... 
Most days filled...
With simple whispers... nudges... and blurry shadows...
Like song-filled birds perched outside my window... easily missed or unnoticed... 
The Father, The Son, and The Spirit long for us to take hold of the power they offer...
To trade our temporary fortunes for a new identity...
Gifts not immediately seen... but once digested into our soul...
The supernatural comes to life!  
I don't know about you, but I'd pick His supernatural over magic any day!

No gimmicks for me... I NEED the peace of His presence.
Clinging to Him!
















No comments:

Post a Comment