About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Saturday, April 14, 2012

better than riches...

Knowing and declaring truth doesn't always mean you've mastered living them out...
Training the mind... almost as hard as training the tongue...
Today I am feeling the weight of that truth...  Leaning on The Everlasting Arms extra hard today...
Arms that are alive with love...
Arms that make my plastic parts usable to be carriers of joy...
Arms that draw me close when I feel forgotten...
I am a woman marked with purpose...
Set apart for glory..
Tattooed with a name of love...
No matter how long or short my season of life turns out to be...
I LONG to be ALIVE with FAITHFULNESS!
I want to honor... Him... my family... my boys... and stories not yet told.

I talk to God A LOT about my heart... how I feel and what I desire...
He knows all my desires... I am a woman that asks BIG...
Like a baby I need constant attention...
I need Him to take me by the hand and remind me of my name...

Swimming in a sea of needy people... much like myself...
I am prone to fret...
What if His arms are too full to tend to me...
I entertain cries that speak untrue poverty...
He is the God of abundance. 
And His scriptures... alongside His sons and daughters...
Remind me... 
My name... Who He calls me in love...
IS WORTH MORE THAN RICHES!
The riches I keep seeing in the basket of others...
My eyes must remain fixed ON HIM ALONE!
He hears my cries... He pacifies the childish and makes way for character...
I am loved by the KING... How can that not be enough?
I am still learning... realizing...
Being aware of His love in not enough... 
His embrace must transform me!

Yes... He has the whole world in His hands...
In the world's eyes I may not have much to offer...
But... my name and my song...
They make His heart smile in crazy ways...

I serve The God of multiples and the multitudes...
He IS and HAS... MORE THAN ENOUGH FOR ME...

I do not always understand His ways... His vision... or even His naming...
But...
I can always trust Him to tenderly fill the deep places in my soul...

Oh... How He loves...
Still very much on the windy road of learning... about Him and who He calls me...
Amazed that the One who loves me perfectly is also jealous for me...
He gives me my name gift for me to offer back in worship...

My name... 
Better than gold or trinket filled baskets...
Longing to wear my treasure well.








No comments:

Post a Comment